STANLIB keeps you in touch with the latest investment news:
- Market, economic and investment commentary.
- Unit trust performance updated every week.
Weekly Performance Update (15/03/2017)
Weekly Focus (20/03/2017)
- SA manufacturing production declined further in January 2017 and is trending weaker. Hopefully, an improvement in agriculture and mining output will boost the sector somewhat in 2017.
- SA retail sales fell sharply in January 2017. Worst annual decline in retail sales since the global financial crisis in 2009. This is before the impact of the recent tax hikes.
- US consumer inflation now up at 2.7%y/y, partly due to base effects. Core inflation steady at 2.2%.
- US Federal Reserve increased rates by a further 25bps, as expected. FOMC indicated this was in response to improved growth and higher inflation. Two further rate hikes expected in 2017.
- Nigeria inflation slows, but underlying pressures persist.
Please follow our regular economic updates on twitter @lingskevin