STANLIB keeps you in touch with the latest investment news:
- Market, economic and investment commentary.
- Unit trust performance updated every week.
Weekly Performance Update (12/01/2017)
Weekly Focus (16/01/2017)
- South Africa’s economic growth rate is expected to improve modestly in 2017 to around 1.2%, based on a much improved agricultural season, a moderate but sustained uptick in commodity prices, a further improvement in exports due to Rand weakness, a decline in import intensity, and ongoing labour market stability.
- The US growth outlook is expected to be around 2.0% in 2017 with some risk to the downside unless there is a noticeable pick-up in fixed investment activity.
- The Euro-area unemployment rate remained below 10% in Nov 2016, its lowest level in over seven years. High youth unemployment, especially in southern Europe, remains a concern.
Please follow our regular economic updates on twitter @lingskevin