STANLIB keeps you in touch with the latest investment news:
- Market, economic and investment commentary.
- Unit trust performance updated every week.
Weekly Performance Update (06/04/2017)
Weekly Focus (10/04/2017)
- S&P downgraded SA's international credit rating to below investment grade AND retained the negative outlook. Fortunately, the domestic credit rating is still investment grade.
- Fitch also downgraded SA's international AND domestic credit rating to below investment grade, but the rating outlook is stable.
- The Rand is the worst performing emerging market currency in the past ten days, after been the best performer in the first few months of the year.
- US created only 98 000 jobs in March, well below expectations. But the unemployment rate fell to 4.5%. Some evidence that the US labour is nearing full-employment, BUT wage growth is still modest.
- Risk to SACU ratings.
Please follow our regular economic updates on twitter @lingskevin