What is the STANLIB Uganda Umbrella Pension Fund?
The STANLIB Uganda Umbrella Pension Fund offers members a cost-effective and needs-specific savings solution in an environment with an increasingly high need for retirement saving currently limited by high costs, low savings levels and consumption-driven debt.
The Fund targets individuals and groups whose objective is to pool funds for long-term investment – these include investment clubs, employers and families.
The Fund is governed by a Trust deed and General Rules of the STANLIB Pension Umbrella Fund and is registered, regulated and licensed by the Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA). The Fund is constituted in
Uganda under irrevocable trust for the main purpose of providing retirement benefits for members on their retirement, or relief for their dependent in the event of the member’s unfortunate death.
Who should invest?
The STANLIB Uganda Umbrella Pension Fund is suitable for smaller pension funds, employers and private individuals seeking medium to long-term capital and income growth through exposure to local Uganda and offshore equity and fixed interest markets. Furthermore, this Fund offers the smaller investor access to an actively managed investment suitable for planning towards a successful future retirement.
Why invest in the STANLIB Uganda Umbrella Pension Fund?
- A pooled investment lowers costs and enhances real returns for members
- The Fund complies with the latest applicable best practices, legislation and is regulated by URBRA
- The Fund brings together top services providers, specializing in trusteeship, custody, fund management and administration, all under one roof for enhanced corporate governance
- The Fund is a balanced portfolio, investing in East African equities, government bonds, treasury bills/cash, property and offshore investments, offering reduced risk and diversification
- The Fund offers members the expertise, resources, and stability of STANLIB, an award winning company and one of Africa’s largest independent investment managers
- State of the art systems and compliance facilities
- A fresh modern investment approach to managing retirement benefits
Minimum initial investment amount: UGX 100 000
Minimum top-up: UGX 100 000
Initial fee: Nil
Annual management fee: 2.5%